Program is defined as a process that explains what activities to be done, what are the objectives, who is responsible, where, when, how and why…! About the activities
CD Program include
- Target group
- Implementer (community)
Why Program is Important in CD
- Program is a structure used to coordinate units in any organisation. Coordination is necessary to monitor task divisions and use of resources.
- Program as package in CD. It explains the objectives, the steps, the actors (planners, implementer and target community) and the resources used. Program is a holistic approach in CD.
- Program indicates that there are a series of activities arranged strategically in order to achieve CD objectives.
- Program tells us the time frame and schedules of activities. E.g.. Short term (one or two months), or long term program (more than six months).
- Program signifies the necessity of people’s participation.
Principles of Program Planning
- Based on needs and problems – important to analysis
- Participation and cooperation
- Location specific
- Depends on target group
- Needs valid information/data about the community
Steps in Program Development for Community
- Situational Analysis
- Developing Objectives
- Developing Plan of Work